Help to keep you healthy at home
Commonwealth Home Support Program
Healthy@home has over 1000 clinical and non-clinical support staff who provide Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) services to nearly 8000 older people every year.
CHSP is a government-funded program that supports older people who are still managing well at home, but could benefit from some extra help to continue living independently in the community.
Services are available through CHSP to help with:
- household jobs like cleaning and laundry
- home modifications (e.g. alarms, ramps and support rails in your home)
- personal care (e.g. bathing, showering or getting dressed)
- nursing care to help with managing medications
- social support and transport assistance
- preparing meals, shopping for food, or having meals delivered to your home
- physiotherapy, podiatry (foot care), dietitian and other allied health and therapy services
- arranging respite care.
To find out if you are eligible for CHSP services, you will need to call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 and answer some questions about your current needs and circumstances.
You will then need to have a home support assessment before you can be approved for care. Our healthy@home support staff can help you to go through this process.